How to clean this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I was just wondering what would be the best way to clean the dark stuff of my motor. Its just on the silver part of my valve cover. Heres a pic. I don't want to polish the texture off the letter, just make it shine...and not remove any of that awesome red.
Cover

bump, ive been thinking the same thing. its just corrosion, i guess just sand it down and maybe try to put some protective clear coating on it??? anyone else have any input?

use a mild metal polish (for aluminum specificly if you can find it) and use it carefully

oh that should be sand with 2000 grit, hell no........bye bye red valve cover

I have the same issue too. Oil residue and shit on mine, I will get a new one with moon cuts for cam gear adjustment, but if anyone has a good way to clean that is cool. If all else fails, simple green and a toothbrush is your friend.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Feb 27 2004, 02:59 AM
If all else fails, simple green and a toothbrush is your friend.

:withstupid:
as long as it's just on the surface and not too stained, something not so harsh like simple green and some light scrubbing should take care of it :thumbsup: .

Cool, I'll give the toothbrush a try, but will that shit come out of my brush so I don't get crap on my teeth the next time I use it? :shrug2:

Anyway, that is a type-r...a 99 Spec from hmotorsonline.com. Steve told me its was in awesome shape, but I never thought it would look that good. I'm going to finish unpacking it today. I'll have more pics up a little later. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Feb 27 2004, 08:11 AM
Cool, I'll give the toothbrush a try, but will that shit come out of my brush so I don't get crap on my teeth the next time I use it? :shrug2:

:lol: .

Back