How To Convert 00civic From Stock Auto To 5-speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whItEcOncePt

HI

i have a 00civic auto
and i want to convert to the 5-speed
does anyone have any idea how to?

best way is to sell the auto and buy a manual
autos generally sell for more money than manuals do ... so youll even end up with some extra cash
and seeing that your probly looking to do an engine swap (guessing) you dont have to worry about milage or anything like that ... just get something with a decent body and interior (if you care about the interior) and go from there

You have two options, find a 00 EX tranny, manual ECU, shift linkage, pedal assembly, clutch cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch resevoir, few other things then pay a shop 750ish to convert.

Or....

Buy a B16A2 or B18C1 or some other OBD-2 B series motor then find a 00 EX shift linkage, pedal assembly, clutch cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch resevoir, etc. and pay the shop around 1500 to do them both at the same time. This is probably your best option.

If you want to do it yourself, (just the wiring is a pain in the ace) research, unless I'm mistaken nobody on this site has ever performed a auto-manual conversion on their own so try searching around on the internet. hybridgarage.com used to have a reference but then they stoped offering tech stuff so I dunno, there's others though.

After 2 minutes of searching I found this article.

http://www.trinituner.com/shop/manual.asp
It is for a RHD 5th gen w/ a B16A but you'll get an idea of what your getting into.

I have helped with a CRX auto to manual swap, all I can say is invest in a punching bag or invite the neighbor kid over.

i just did my auto to manual swap in my 99 EX about a month ago, and it wasn't too difficult. it only took about a day and a half for everything and it runs just fine. you can get all the parts you need and do it yourself for around 700 or less you just have to shop around.
but if your car is stock with nothing but rims then just sell the bastard and get a manual, that's if you aren't good with cars (ie; can't change your oil/spark plugs). because all you would be doing is swapping out a tranny and throwwing out a bunch of shit you don't need, how hard could that be?
good luck

Back