How to correctly move 02 sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No, not anywhere. The exhaust gas temperature cools down as it travels through the exhaust system. It would not work properly if you moved it. It should be placed as closely as possible to the OEM manifold locations as possible.
then what your saying is that both sensors could be placed in the same pipe and it work fine ?

You can't do that for the obd-0 B16. The o2's read in cylinder PAIRS and adjust the air fuel accordingly. One o2 for cylinders 1 and 4, the other o2 for cylinders 2 and 3.

You CAN do it, I have done it, and it works. You put the first o2 sensor (C16) on #1 tube, and put the second (C8) on #2 tube in the same locations as the OEM manifold.

i mean sure it will work but it will run so much better doing it the right way

Not necessarily true. On the OEM manifold, the two o2 sensors monitor 2 cylinders each, and what is returned to the ECU is the average of each pair. As long as everything is well with your motor, no clogged injectors or worn rings bad valves and whatnot, the o2 levels would be virtually identical across all 4 cylinders. But what the hell do I know, I've only been an acura tech for 18 years now :D

This:
jpinvoices023-2.jpg

jpinvoices024-1.jpg

It's supposed to be a badass header for b-series.

I don't get it... you ask about how to properly relocate the o2's so you can run it as close to OEM as possible, everyone has been giving you good ideas on what's the best way to do it, what will work, what won't work, and you still insist on going with a header that goes against the topic of YOUR thread... i'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just want to know why you would ask a question in the first place if your intentions were else where from the beginning...

I got my answer.. You don't need to move them into the down pipe because the oxygen content will be different, so you need to have them in the stock location.. If I'm going to have to weld bungs in why not get a header I like and then weld the bungs?

This is the header I have had in my head forever!! I knew somebody had to make it.. I wonder if it would fit without crossmember modding..
http://www.jgenginedynamics.com/_Animations/Hi_END_HEADER_ANIMATION.gif

I got my answer.. You don't need to move them into the down pipe because the oxygen content will be different, so you need to have them in the stock location.. If I'm going to have to weld bungs in why not get a header I like and then weld the bungs?

This is the header I have had in my head forever!! I knew somebody had to make it.. I wonder if it would fit without crossmember modding..

as long as both the o2's are in the damn header..whats the difference??

I see... but what's wrong with the header I posted? It's everything you're looking for. It won't make nearly as much power as a Bisi or SMSP but i'm sure it'll give you decent gains and it's from a reputable company... :shrug2:

as long as both the o2's are in the damn header..whats the difference??
oh god, here we go again... why don't you just read the thread... the answer is in like 30 or more different post...

Back