how to: datalog with a wideband connected to your emanage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
this is assumed that you already have a wideband sensor installed with a 0-5v output, and an emanage running 1.49. you also need to find and download emanage alpha tool AND make sure you have MS framework 1.1 to run it, otherwise it wont open.

oksy so i'm using the NGK powerdex wideband. it has two wires, yellow (signal) and black (ground) i had to extend the wires (solder and shrink tube!) to meet up with the emanage.

now instead of buying the boost cable to plug into the emanage, we will make our own.

find an old desktop computer (or ask someone) and locate the floppy drive power plug. its a 4-pin plug. cut it about 3 inches from the white plug. once that is done, use a knife and trim off the 4th pin (red) and then trim the front and sides down flat. be sure to not trim everything off the front since the plastic holds the metal pins into the plug.

clip off the middle black wire. you will be left with a yellow and black wire.

this is the result.
l_d4924bf1db3bea61df962fa294006d38.jpg

now you can wire, yellow to yellow.... black to black. i used the same color wire to extend the output from the wideband.
l_984cffd8828639383681d14a4acd12ae.jpg

fits like a charm.
l_2d2cfca66563d654ca0b91b9a7ee8e54.jpg

you cannot have support tool and alpha tool open at the same time.

in support tool -
to do real time display, make sure you set in parameters to read greddy pr, and i used 9-16 (i think) for the numbers next to that. now you can open up greddy pressure sensor as a log, but its not converted from a voltage to a ratio. this is where the alpha tool comes in.

in alpha tool -
make sure you set and save your settings. you want to set the COM port, use boost plug, and your values. 0-5v for voltage, 9-16 for range (this is for the NGK) check other settings as you want them and save/close.

connect to unit.

open the logger. you have to press START for anything to work. set your throttle percentage threshhold. it will log from that TP up. make your run. you can open the graph or save the data after that.

the best part about the alpha tool is that it will convert the voltage to the required AF values you need ;) 8)

it didn't work for me :(
e-blue, all 1.49, giff-tech usb cable, winXP sp3, innovate w02.
civic exs 97 d16y8 swapped at to mt.

check your WB>emanage connection. plenty of mirageforum members use my how-to with innovate widebands.

Back