How to do a fuel pump cut off switch.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is for a 93 del sol. This should work for other honda civics between 90 and 2000 but i am not 100% positive.

Ok tools you will need.
wire strippers
butt connectors
soldering gun
toggle switch.
wire

First you should locate the YELLOW WITH A GREEN STRIPE wire coming from your fuel pump. This is the power wire to it. Follow it down until you get near a area where you would like to put your toggle switch. Cut the wire. Put butt connectors with a little solder on it to make sure it does not come off. On both wires. You can just solder the new wire to it if you choose. Run the wires to ur hidden yet accessible toggle switch. Run a ground wire to bare metal if your toggle switch has a ground wire. <<< Recommended. When your toggle switch is off your fuel pump should not come on. And your fuel pump should come on when your toggle switch is turned on.

You should be safe and secure now.

:ph34r:

Last edited:
I'm about to do a fuel pump kill switch, and a 5th gear lock to keep my car safe from the sketchy theif ricans around here

I'm saying; if you're trying to prevent someone from moving it; 1st gear works the best, with R a very close second. It doesn't matter which way you park since the engine isn't running(the engine will or will not turn depending on how much force is pulling the car).

I'm saying; if you're trying to prevent someone from moving it; 1st gear works the best, with R a very close second. It doesn't matter which way you park since the engine isn't running(the engine will or will not turn depending on how much force is pulling the car).

only problem with first geat lock is you can still push start in first gear and drive off. just not shift. << gotta go slow but can still do it.

how would you put a lock on the gears?

ive personally never done it but i have seen people who weld a tab on the shifter and floor and use a master lock. or drill a hole through the shifter and make a tab and master lock. or use a master lock with bicycle chain locks.

I've only seen that on e-brakes. Those brake pedal "clubs" should work well though.

I was referring to moving it from the outside(everybody I know who's car was stolen usually involved it being pushed away first or towed). In order for them to drive off with the car, it would need power and the steering lock broken or manipulated.

ive personally never done it but i have seen people who weld a tab on the shifter and floor and use a master lock. or drill a hole through the shifter and make a tab and master lock. or use a master lock with bicycle chain locks.

What the...SERIOUSLY? That's fucking ghetto.

Get full coverage insurance and call it a day.

pee-wee-bike-locked.jpg

yea i would go with full coverage 2. the only thing on my car besides insurance is the fuel pump cut switch. as soon as full coverage gets affordable for me i will be upgrading to it.

Back