How To Fix Code 17 Vehicle Speed Sensor (vss)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bossman032

I got a OBD0 to OBD1 car.

I have a STD hatch with a SIR II motor everything converted to OBD1.

My Speedo Works even when it throws code 17.
Once in a while after I drive for like 15+minutes I get Code 17 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). When I first start my car when engine is cold the Speedo tweaks until the engine starts to warm up then it stays put..

I am using a 90-91 si cluster and I just check the wiring the wiring is correct on the ECU harness.

I tried to clean it and put it back on that didn't help wtf can be wrong..?

One more thing after I reset my ECU it goes away but come back again after a while!!

I pulled the cable out that is inside the plastic shell of the speedo...but put it back..

That peace of shit still don't work.. I am using my STD cable maybe thats why its not working right because the STD hatchback cable is fucken gay or something..? :rolleyes:

If your speedo is registering on the dash, the signal from the cluster is not reaching the ECU. There is either a short, or no signal being made at the cluster.

You guess is as good as mine on how to test that wire to look for signal... Maybe a voltmeter on the wire with the front wheels on jackstands?

Yea I am going to test that shit out tomorrow with a Voltmeter.

Its hell weird because it works for a while then it starts to throw the Code 17 while I am driving..

Back