How to fully Remove Power Steering?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Imtjnotu

i have a 94 del sol with my h22a and the pump is going out...also the steering is too damn sensitive and i want it all out...it cant be as easy as just removing the pump and belt is it? any tips or instructions? :eek:

Its not................ Get a manual rack from a lesser model. Before your change anything snip the power steering pressure switch wires and drive the car just to make sure it doesn't throw a CEL. Don't think it will but do kno when power steering reaches a certain pressure it signals the ECU to raise revs slightly. This is just a switch, its either on or off. Manual rack has different ratio and just cutting and looping the P/S pipes is crap. Manual steering gives you more feel through the wheel, frees up power from the engine (bout 4 horses I tink) and you shed a few kilos.............. It's all good!! Just check the joiner to the steering coloum is the same, count the splines. Let me kno how you get on, just about to do this to my EG.........................................

Back