how to get - camber at stock height on a civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

Alright, so if I wanted to get my camber in about 2*-2.5* or so at stock height, how would I go about doing this? I thought about just getting a camber kit and trying to install the bushings in backwards, but I don't think there's enuff room back there without having to notch out the back wall of the strut tower(?) Any ideas? Thanx :)

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 6 2003, 12:45 AM
why do you want to do that? so you'll need a new pair of tires every month?

I thought I'd REALLY put those aircraft grade titanium balljoints to the test... :p

I autox in stock class and my regional rules allow wheel alignment adjustments, just not suspension height alterations, so I can't lower it to get the -camber i need for the track. Plus next year I plan on having my car lowered for the street, but when I get to the track I'll have to crank it back up to stock height. Then I'll really have to get the camber back in.
Any ideas?

cranked back up or not, you still have modified suspension, and you will get bumped

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2003, 01:05 AM
cranked back up or not, you still have modified suspension, and you will get bumped

??- b/c of the alignment adjustments or the coilovers?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 8 2003, 01:07 AM
what about camber plates

camber plates? All I've seen for my car are the offset bushings (which provide for + camber adjustments, not - ). I've seen the slotted mount-type balljoints, but I don't think those are made for my car(?). What are these camber plates?

Try calling a suspension place or checking em out on the web I've seen that Ground control has alot of xcross stuff but thier page hasnt been updated in years but their link is Ground Control they may know how to help you out

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 11 2003, 03:32 PM

because the coilovers are not stock.

apparently in my regional stock classes you can have adjustable spring perches installed, you just have to use the stock springs (which i'm not happy about but better than nothing i guess...).

Back