How to get more H.P.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

I just finished my ZC mini me and I was wondering what else i can do to get more out of it. Heres a short list of stuff that I have so far:
cold air intake
D.C. header
AEM cam gear
Firdanza alum flywheel
Exedy stage 2 clutch
2" 1/2 dyno max exhaust
B&M command flow

I also ordered under drive pullys but there on back order I there anything else?

i'd ditch the pulley if I were you...

This question really just leads to more questions... What are your goals? Is this for auto cross? if so, are you looking to stay n/a? or bump up a class and go f/i?

You see where i'm going?...

You know its a dyno proven fact that for every 10 lbs you take off the crank its actually 2.7 horsepower? That underdrive pulley with a crank pulley, and ditching the a/c system, on top of the lightweight flywheel will add a good 5 horses. Which isn't bad considering that is from like $80 in parts for the pulleys. Not to mention the list of mods he has he will have a pretty quick car.

Also on a side note if you are on a budget there are some great write-ups for porting your own heads. You could easily gain a bit more power with something that might not cost you anything but a couple hours.

Last edited:
get your money back for the underdives,,theyre all garbage:)

You know its a dyno proven fact that for every 10 lbs you take off the crank its actually 2.7 horsepower? That underdrive pulley with a crank pulley, and ditching the a/c system, on top of the lightweight flywheel will add a good 5 horses. Which isn't bad considering that is from like $80 in parts for the pulleys. Not to mention the list of mods he has he will have a pretty quick car
Click the first link in my sig, scroll down to #4, and you will find...

Stay away from aftermarket crank pulleys unless you want maximum horsepower. Most aftermarket pulleys do not have the dampening effect the stock ones have with their internal dampener in them. And some of them are flat out hard to read when setting your timing. The lighter aftermarket ones are linked heavily to broken oil pumps because they don’t have the dampening of the heavy stock ones. Many people have had light pulleys, broke the oil pump and then put back the stock one and never had that problem ever again. ESPECIALLY on turbo cars that put more strain on the motor. Aftermarket crank pulleys will make more power on your motor, after all, they are lighter, less rotating mass is better for more power. However, here is my recommendation. Order up a Civic Type-R crank pulley if you want a lighter one, its stock, and your oil pump is way better off. Even the aftermarket oil pumps shatter, so that won’t save you either. Safer is better. Wait, the theme is “stock” is better unless you want to throw “risk” into your ten thousand dollar motor. Less risk is better, even if you’re 1 HP less.
If he has the money to keep rebuilding his motor, then yeah, go ahead and get one :rolleyes:

get your money back for the underdives,,theyre all garbage:)
:werd:

I was looking at cams last night, is the Crower stage 1or 2 a good cam or is there any other companies that make sohc cams? I've seen Web cams and Crower I can't find that many. Also I don't want something to crazy this is my D.D. witch Hondata is the one I would want?

Last edited:
Back