1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get more power from H22

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by redwidow, Feb 27, 2004.

1. redwidow

redwidow Member

Hi guys,

i have 01 honda prelude with 19,000 miles on it. Now, i have AEM CAI, DC header, Apexi N1 cat back exhaust. My question is what is the advantage way to get more power from my H22, power that can compete with domestic V8? i thought about Supercharge it. IT IS AUTOMATIC. Any advice will be very appreciated. Thanks

2. Sergey P.A.

Sergey P.A. Senior Member

I don't really like the Automatic idea, but it depends how much you plan to spend on it, what's your budget?

3. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

the next thing i would do is make it 5 speed, that will probaly get you more power right there.

4. Sergey P.A.

once again what's your budget?

5. redwidow

redwidow Member

I think i will get bore with manual trans very soon. Anyways, my budget from $3000 and below. thanks

6. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

convert to manual and buy a used turbo kit, and throw the dc header away, ha, regaurdless of what you do

7. tab

tab Super Moderator

Turbocharge. Cams, gears. Hondata. Tune. H22A Auto w/LSD. The tranny swap is not a bad idea, but it'll chew up your budget pretty fast, while not even needed.

Once you're making enough power to blow the Automatic tranny, swap in a 5 spd. I'd work on the engine first. ;)

8. redwidow

redwidow Member

what is cost for convert auto to manual tranny, parts and labor?

9. Sergey P.A.

it will cost you to swap the tranny around 1000 to 1500 depends who is doing it for you and were you getting the tranny from,

also for 3000$ put a different IM, some cams "upgrade your valve train" and then TUNE IT, I mean go to a Dyno and tyne it, and get some kind of fuel management system, like a Greddy e-manage, or I don't know, they all are kinda same, but with this kind of upgrades you don't need a hondata unless you really know how to fuck with it, cuz what allot of people do is they just copy the maps without knowlege what they mean,

....oh I almost forgot, get a Apexy V-AFC, and then start saving money for a 5-speed, try to get the LSD version,

10. redwidow

redwidow Member

Hey Sergey,

Thanks for your informative ideas. To be honest with all of you here, i am not really good with internal modding so please bare with me on this. Changing it to 5spd is one thing. Others thing i am thinking of is do some kind of internal swap such as:

1) Upgrade fuel system, what should i replace(fuel pump, fuel rail)?????
    2) Replace with bigger Throttle Body and Intake Manifold
    3) Replace with Crower Cams Shaft, Valve Springs, Retainers or maybe with Pistons, Rods....

Do you think this is the right idea? if so, approximately how much will i gain from this set up? by the way, what is LSD stand for? Thanks again

11. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

5 spd swap + turbo will definetly beat those domestics

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted