How to get my neighbors cat away from, my truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I have a neighbors cat that keeps getting loose. I am pretty sure he is the fucker that tried climbing into my trucks bed scratching the side of the truck up with its claws. A few months ago I called animal control and they said it would take a week to get out there but they would catch the cat. I have not seen any cat prints or new scratches on my truck so I thought they got the cat. Today I saw the cat in my car port in front of my truck. I went to get the useless animal and he disappeared. I saw a neighbor and asked him if he knew whose cat it was. He said it was his. We couldn't find the cat.
He went to check if it was his cat and I went to get my keys. It was his cat. I popped my hood and this little fucker was sitting on my intake manifold. He was too quick for a quick grab. By the time I went to see if it was his cat we couldn't find him. Maybe I'll be lucky enough that he will be sitting in my radiator fan next time, jk I don't want to have to clean his guts up. The cats owner denies that his cat could have scratched my truck. I have washed away the paw the prints and have no proof so I am kind of screwed here. My gf and I will be taking pictures of the cat in my car port from now on.
Now how do I keep this thing away from my car port? Is there some thing that will keep cats away? I don't want to kill him since the cat has more rights than I do. :rolleyes:Is there something I can spray that will keep him away? What do cats hate? I am going to call animal control tomorrow to see what they say. Maybe I'll be lucky enough for him to be walking under a tire when I am reversing one day. I just want the cat to stay away from my truck. I don't need it chewing wires, or hitting something loose. I don't drive my truck much so I don't want it making it a home.
I just hope if he scratches my truck again I can get a picture of it to make my neighbor pay for the damages.

i'll go to hell for saying this but cats love antifreeze and it's lethal. it's also reasonable to expect that puddle of antifreeze would hang out under a truck.

if you don't want to be so extreme, i'd suggest Cat Repellents - Keep cats out of unwanted areas.: Pet Odor Removal Products: Eliminate pet odors like cat and dog urine quickly and permanently.

I'll have to look into that repellent stuff. I am wondering if gm's dexcool is lethal like regular antifreeze.

there is this spray you can get a walmart,,its called petoff or something..it works well..lol i sprayed it on the couch where the cat was sleeping,,and right after i sprayed it,,the cat got up and ran into the other room...

i'm thinking he likely will wanna steer clear of any violent action against the cat or he'll get the cops called on him. try out the repellent stuff. remember, death is permanent, even for cats. unless that one really has 9 lives ;). in which case, a 10 round mag should take care of it -- wait -- what?? :ph34r: i seriously was kidding.

haha u guys crack me up

petsmart or petco or some pet store should sell a spray repelent. when my cat was climbing our xmas tree, it worked great! they have a kind that only stinks to cats as well.

tho it would suck having to spend money because of that...

Last edited:
put cap nip all over their car. the cat won't look at your truck straight ever again :D

I like the catnip idea. I talked to my buddy who is a cop, he said to just run it over and put it in the dumpster. In ct if you hit a cat it does not have to be reported, so then nothing can come back to me. But if you hit a dog you have to report it.

I hate cats with a passion. For what ever reason they don't like me. I am not an asshole to them or try to cause them harm. Yet I have been bitten, scratched, and attacked by 3 cats. I also can not stand how they smell. I might hate them but I don't want ot kill them. If he happens to run under my tire and gets crushed its another story.

The catnip idea is pretty good lol. You just need to give the thing a better place to sleep. Get a doghouse and pimp it out with kitty posters and shit on the inside. Or buy a kids battery powered escalade and put high performance stickers all over it. Yeah, give that kitty a phat crib and a sweet ride and he'll have too many hoes to bother with your car. I would honestly get a cardboard box, cut out a decent sized hole and put some food and a cheap towel in there to see if it'll start hanging out there. Closer to your neighbors house, of course.

A pop cap full of antifreeze in the bushes is all it would take as dacheat said. Or until the thing decides to sleep in your engine bay again and you start your truck up.

Air soft gun? You can plink it from your window if you are a good enough shot and the plastic BB's sting like hell.

Moth pellets. It works for direct contact (Sprinkle it on the ground around where you park). I put some out, and they still come around and spray and shit everywhere, but they haven't gone near the area with the pellets. not Moth Balls, mind you, but the smaller pellets. They last a long time too. Not sure what it does to your grass or anything.

My neighbor's cats are the WORST. he has 25 of the fuckers, 4 new litters every year so far, and they invade my yard all day long.

Back