How to hot wire a 96 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMH22Integra

Ok, you might have seen my post looking for a new ignition switch, but I have a new problem. I live in Raleigh, NC but am down in Charlotte, NC with the Air Guard. My shit got broken into and they messed up my ignition switch, can't start the car, need to leave for raleigh tomorrow, or start paying for this hotel room. Local shops wants WAY too much to do it, and I dont have the tools (or car to go get parts) to do it in the hotel parking lot. I need to start my car for a one time trip to Raleigh, so I can park my car and get things taken care of. Does anybody know what two wires I need to splice together to simulate the key being in the on position, so I can simply push start the old girl for now? It is a 1996 Integra LS with a manual tranny.

P.S. I promise not to steal any other integras, lol

Side problem I discovered attempting this... might make a seperate post for it... how can I overcome the steering lock if I cannot rotate the key in the tumbler? I can turn it barely enough to unlock it, but not enough that it will stay unlocked. I'd rather not have the steering wheel lock up going to the highway. Its looking more like I'm stranded here til I get this taken care of.

I'd say screw driver but I'm no expert, Google it.

go find a dark alley and pay some thug $20 to do it for you. lol

i really dont' know, but honestly dude, i'd just call a tow truck.

ok i know this because i have bought a car that was a thieft recovery

you take the plastic off around the wheel and there is the steering wheel lock on the bottom of the collum break it off and you are good to go there also on starting it it is very simple. on the oppsite side of the switch where the key goes in the is a plastic piece there take it off and you can now start the car with a screwdriver or other flat object by turning the center of the plastic piece.

+12V-White
Ignition-black/yellow
Acc-Yellow
Starter-Black/White

basically just jump white to the ign and acc and bump the starter and enjoy your new car.

-liquin

Originally posted by 97hatch@Jul 27 2004, 03:22 PM
ok i know this because i have bought a car that was a thieft recovery

you take the plastic off around the wheel and there is the steering wheel lock on the bottom of the collum break it off and you are good to go there also on starting it it is very simple. on the oppsite side of the switch where the key goes in the is a plastic piece there take it off and you can now start the car with a screwdriver or other flat object by turning the center of the plastic piece.
[post=368941]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: There are 2 screws holding it on if you don't want to mess it up. You can take a punch and use a hammer and punch in tiny marks and turn it using that, over and over until it is out, then you can use the same method to get out the screws holding the ignition to the key tumbler.

This way you can just rebuilt it with oem break off parts if you want and you won't have a broken tumbler or whatever.

I worked at a tow yard and this is how we would move tow cars that went to auction.

All good advice. You can drill out the bolts that hold the ignition after using a center punch to mark where you want to drill.

Common knowledge. I never stole a car, but my older brother "borrowed" my parents car on quite a few occasions. Try not to break anything important.

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME!
I own a 1990 Acura Integra 2 door and my problem is I can't find my keys and I need to get the car started!!! My car has an alarm that goes off every time I open the door to get into the car (lucky doors are unlocked). I need to be able to start this car without the key, because I need this car tomorrow!! SO PLEASE HELP!!
this is where I have gone so far... my car has seven wires running into the ignition cylinder switch where I put the key in. Three are ignition wires, two are battery wires, one is a starter wire, and one is the acc wire. I've cut the two battery wires and put them together, then I touch it with the started wire, the car makes the starting sound, but the engine won't turn over.... PLEASE HELP!!

Do I need to cut some of the ignition wires? or does my car have an anti-theft system?
Also there are two little wires that are attached to this little devices that hangs right under the ignition key. There is also like a little pad thing under with two switches and a little button. one switch says beeb on and beeb off, the other switch says normal and disarm valet and the button is just a black button.. PLEASE HELP

Back