How to identify year of b16 head issue.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sprjit22

I need to know if their is some other way to identify the year of a b16 head. I know you can look at the casting numbers but their is an issue with that. A friend of mine went against my word and let someone port his b16 head that was on his ls/vtec. Well he put it back together and went to start it. I went to loook at his car to help and realized the plug wasn't in the head and also noticed the casting numbers that show the year were shaved off of the head. So is their any way to tell the year of the head that I don't know about? Iv never heard of any so I figured I would ask here.

If the casting #'s are gone then I don't think so. But a PR3 head is a PR3 head...

not true some pr3 heads are ctr/itr the type r heads are hand picked at the time of assembly and factory porting. so these heads all have the b16 pr3 casting #

Yeah I know that, but I was trying to find out if the guy switched heads on him. Since he pulled the head off my suspicion has been confirmed. I built his last motor for him and it was an ls vtec. I know the head was plugged before because 1 I built it and 2 it was ls vtec. When he got the head off I came and took a look and the hole where the plug goes was never tapped. So this head has NEVER been used for ls vtec.
Some people are just scam artist. Now the guy is claiming the heads may have gotten mixed up lol. I find it hard to believe since he filed off the casting numbers of the year.

My Friends and I have been through enough shady experiences with shops so I feel I can say,
Shady Shit.....that's what some of the shops in the tuner scene are about.

From what it sounds...the guy did some weird stuff and is acting unorganized and ignorant. You friend will most likely have to cut his loses.

Back