How To: Install a B&M fuel pressure regulator. (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

Heres another one of my pointless ramblings... I guess it might help someone...:rolleyes:

1. Locate your Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)
1.jpg

2. Remove it via the (2) 10mm bolts holding it on.
2.jpg

3. Heres the underside. I've already taken the o-ring out. Don't throw it away!
3.jpg

4. Gather up your B&M FPR kit.
4.jpg

5. Here comes the part where you need to remove the upper portion of the stock FPR. Make sure to give it some gap(about 1/8"), so you don't damage the inner pin.

6.jpg

6. Don't cut it like this!
7.jpg

7. Heres what you should be looking at after you chop it off.
8.jpg

8. Clean up the edges with a sander.
9.jpg

9. Install the provided O-ring into the B&M part.
10.jpg

10. Install the lower part of the kit to clamp everything together. Be sure to put the 'open' side facing the fuel inlet, as shown.
11.jpg

12.jpg

11. Slip the factory o-ring back onto the FPR, then screw it to the fuel rail.
13.jpg

12. Slip on the new Vacuum hose if desired, and your done!
14.jpg

Now wasnt that simple?
-Andrew

Haha... yeah it's a woody... hey, it worked didnt it?

Thanks for the compliment nissanninja!
Don't worry about me stopping my posts... as hard as I try I can't shut up...

oh btw, I talked to B(pissedoffsol), and am trying to get a "DIY Forum" started up. like they have over on D-series.org... I'm out of room in my sig! (lol)

Last edited:
Its a very important part of doing anything that involves gas, bandsaws, and cameras...

cheese9988's sig said:
1000 posts, in 3 1/2 years!
I joined March of this year
armscrossed.gif

:)

Last edited:
i just did mine to day wasn't as bad as i thought whats should psi be set as?
Picture004.jpg

^ Depends. 40-45psi should be fine for most bolt-on motors.
Stock Honda FPRs are set at 37psi.

Compatible with boosted engines?

Can the B&M pressure regulator be used for boosted engines? Is it a rising rate? I'm trying to find a regulator and am considering this particular one.

Yes of course, it will work great :)

If you'd like to pay the extra money, get one of the AEM FPR's or something. They mount remotely like on the firewall, and also do a good job. (look cool too)

how to adjust

hi everybody, sorry i am a noob

I have B&m fpr too, and i cant figure out how to adjust it after i install it?

if anyone can help me with this, it will be very greatful.
thanks

problem

hey i just did this to my 95 civic d16z6 took out the injectors cleaned them and installedfpr as instructed but without gauge ... no the engine will start rogh and cough and sputter out my friend said it could be cause i dont have a gauge and i dont know what my psi setting is at so it could be lean or rich. but one this is i tried to take my intake manifold off and forgot the one on the bottom and i tried to pry the manifold off where some of the gasket was and maybe tore some gasket up could a intake leak have anything to do with it i dont think i could have punctured it that bad thogh

Hold on, let me grab my internet capable fuel pressure gauge and vacuum leak detector and we'll have you all fixed up.

Hold on, let me grab my internet capable fuel pressure gauge and vacuum leak detector and we'll have you all fixed up.

XD :D

Who knows man. You opened up multiple 'avenues' for problems to arise. Like anything else in the world, start fixing one thing at a time till she runs again.

You sure you're running on all four cylinders? :huh:

Back