How To: Install an aftermarket steering wheel.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol i just bought the same one as u did in ur tut....but does ur hub feels like cheap metal? and the steering wheel is like...plastic o.o

Mine is pretty solid construction. I haven't had any problems with it. The only issue I've noticed is that I'm starting to get a little bit of the vinyl starting to peel up on the edges, but it's nothing a little super glue will fix :p

looks like a supra shift nob...lol
Thanks? :confused:
It's a GSR dual bend shifter with a DA shift knob.

what should i put in for the search on e-bay for the hub?

Mine is pretty solid construction. I haven't had any problems with it. The only issue I've noticed is that I'm starting to get a little bit of the vinyl starting to peel up on the edges, but it's nothing a little super glue will fix :p

Thanks? :confused:
It's a GSR dual bend shifter with a DA shift knob.

o ok thnx, btw, when u put back the bolt onto the wheel, u jsut bolt it on as tight as possible? or did u find the torq spec for it?

IDK. I just zipped it on with the impact. Just use common sense. Theres no need to hold an impact gun on it for 10seconds. I just stopped whenever it stopped spinning and turned over another 1/8th of a turn or so. no big deal.

o ok thnx, just making sure...i just dont want the nut coming lose while driving lol

man finally found a site that can tell me how do install these aftermarket steering wheels....question tho, is it hard for an amateur to install following these steps? r these steps accounted for the quick hub steering wheels?i bought something similar from ebay like 1 year ago but it says sparco and has some other metal pieces some wierd metal circular thingy...i think its for the quick hub or allowing you to take off your steering wheel or something...anyone mind giving me any tips to install this steering wheel? newb here.

hey andrew does this write up apply to toyota as well or just for honda? and my steering wheel i bought i came with alot of screws what are those for? i wish i could post pictures but my bro toke my webcam...i'll try to take pictures with my phone later and email and post here so you can see what im talking about.

IDK man. Normally theres about 6 on the wheel itself(holding it to the hub), and just the 1 big one holding it to the steering rack.

Hey guys, i know this topic is EXTREMELY old, but im having a problem, i bot an itegra, with an aftermarket steering wheel, and the horn does not work. Ive unscrweed it and found the red wire that is sticking out of the hub, like shown in your pic when u give the instructions to install your new hub. I've connected that red wire to both terminals on the back on the horn button and pushed the horn button but both times it did not work, if located a banana shaped peice of copper behind the terminal, and when i tuch a screwdriver to it and tuch any other metal, i see a little spark and the horn activates, could someone tell me waht im doing wrong or waht needs fixing? thanks

my crx wheel swap
m_dcaf48605b7d40219df00a1a40892103

umm.. riigght..

this thread is about a CRX steering wheel swap..

Back