How To: Install an aftermarket steering wheel.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys, i know this topic is EXTREMELY old, but im having a problem, i bot an itegra, with an aftermarket steering wheel, and the horn does not work. Ive unscrweed it and found the red wire that is sticking out of the hub, like shown in your pic when u give the instructions to install your new hub. I've connected that red wire to both terminals on the back on the horn button and pushed the horn button but both times it did not work, if located a banana shaped peice of copper behind the terminal, and when i tuch a screwdriver to it and tuch any other metal, i see a little spark and the horn activates, could someone tell me waht im doing wrong or waht needs fixing? thanks

sounds like your damn horn isnt grounded...there should be 2 wires to that button..the red one and a ground wire of some kind...try that then start a new thread :D

Bought a 87 crx yesterday, and it came with an extra steering wheel. (Grant Challenger) Any reason why the installation kit for it won't work? Anything I need to double check? I know this is a ridiculous question, but you guys know your stuff. I'm just broke and don't want to waste 20 bucks when I have a working (horrific looking) steering wheel already.

Back