how to install an OE steering wheel w/..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahedau

Not sure where this belongs and, yes, I did a search first...

my car was totaled due to:

1) its age ('92)
2) miles (258,XXX),
3) and this...
s403ebb22b71c3.jpg

anyway...before I can drive it again I have to remove the MOMO steering wheel that was already in it when I bought it 6 yrs ago and put an OE wheel in w/ an operational airbag.

Haynes just tells me to leave the SRS system alone. Does anyone know how to remove & re-install this item? I need to have it done w/in two weeks to have it reinspected.

Thanks!

i sorta forgot how i took my integra one off. All i remember is that i took all that plastic stuff and i saw some bolts and i took them all off. and theres these ones on top that are like broken bolts with no heads. you gotta get a hammer and like a chisel and slowly tap them off.

thats a nasty ass dent. id worry about getting that fixed before putting a new steering wheel on.

Not at home right now, but I'll try from memeory.

First disconnect both + and - from you battery. Then pop off the cover, you should see four 30bit ( I think) Torx bolts, remove, but I think before that you have to undo the SRS harness, and plug the carside into the red cap. Remove the airbag tray (remember the torx bolts?) and then you can access the 19mm bolt, remove steering wheel, and reverse process. To get off hte momo, jusy pop out the horn button, and undo hte 19mm bolt, slide it off.

But I could have something out of order.

Back