1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install language support pack?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by xj0hnx, May 11, 2005.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I want to install the JDM language on my computer so that when I go to Japanese sites, I can see charaters besides a bunch of fubar squares.

I have the "original" Windows XP Pro disc, how do I do this?

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I've been wanting to know the same thing.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Well, I tried looking on the disc, it doesn't install as an option from there, so I open the control panel, went to language install selected asian, and it said I needed the disc, ok fine, insert disc, start copying files, then says it wants Service Pack 2 disc. WTF???? Who has a service pack 2 disc, I jst DLed it form the site originanlly, now it is integrated into my "backup" disc. Where else can I get the nescessary files?

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

well im using a bootleg copy of windows xp pro, upgraded to SP2 then installed the langauge stuff and it never asked for SP2 cd; just the regular windows XP cd. btw; in the langauge section of CP, under advanced, i also checked all of the asian languages.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted