how to know...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_kid_666

I bought a d16a6 motor off a friend of a friend for 600 and he told me that he bored it out to a 1.8.... my question is how to I know if he bored it out that much and since I want to do high compression on the motor what kind of pistons can I use????

use an inside micrometer to measure the bore as for the oem spec not sure google it ull prolly find it. as for pistons u can go with an high compression pistons but make sure you get rods strong enough for the compression JE makes very good pistons however ull have to empty ur wallet for em and Eagle makes nice rods but also expensive just do some searching for high compression pistons maybe try ebay

i'm thinking he's full of it. even if you bored the motor to the max amount that you could safely do, it wouldnt be close to an extra .2 liters. The only way you could achieve that is by installing a stroker kit. And i dunno if such a thing even exists for the d15/d16 blocks.

there have been 1.8 d series race motors all were strokers , no way you can bore a 1.6 that large . b16 and b18 share a common bore , but a b18 has a taller deck height , punch the kid in the balls for lying to you

Back