how to lighten my car??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by red95solsi+Dec 23 2003, 04:49 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 23 2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 23 2003, 02:54 AM
revolution8k
@Dec 23 2003, 02:29 AM
Being 125 lbs rules  :D

FU you narrow bastard :fuckyou:

:bo: yeah yeah. I rock :D

i rock more i am 6 feet and weigh less then 120

To quote E on aim... "You need to eat something." haha

do you paln on racing in sanctioned events? You should consider downloading a rulebook for what allowed and what not such as a fuel cell.just something to consider

where can i get one of these rule books???

i weight 230lbs i am on varsity football team and bench 350. i am not fat

WHOA WHOA HOLD THAT!

:eek:t:

YOu said you bench 350?

Here it goes. :bs: Unless you are walking around on a 12% frame, because in high school this would be deemed amazing.

I live in a corn fed farm boy area, we win state in wrestling ever year and county in football at the biggest school size, and have the biggest kids in the league. 2 kids are at 295-315, and that's hard to believe, and that's because they have perfect genetics and lift on a daily basis and use every supllement under the sun.

350 is very hard to believe unless he's juicing and hes already gone through atleast 2 cycles.

Originally posted by red95solsi+Dec 23 2003, 05:49 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 23 2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 23 2003, 02:54 AM
revolution8k
@Dec 23 2003, 02:29 AM
Being 125 lbs rules  :D

FU you narrow bastard :fuckyou:

:bo: yeah yeah. I rock :D

i rock more i am 6 feet and weigh less then 120

whoa. im 5'5"(need to grow) and weigh 121lbs. you must be like a toothpick.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob+Dec 23 2003, 06:41 PM-->
@Dec 23 2003, 02:27 AM
drill all nuts

what does that mean?

exactly what it sounds like ... you actually put holes in the flat sides of the nuts
over the entire car, this might save you 3lbs or so
and all the bolts that you cut the extra length off of should be drilled at the end making a "V" shape... this ends up saving another lb or 2 over the 5 or so lbs saved by cutting off all the extra length

now im sure you are saying "WTF???? why the hell would anyone go through all that bullshit to save 2lbs????"

welp i guess when every lb counts you take em where you can get em

no clue
ive never done it
i would have to guess it would take a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time

where can i get one of these rule books???

i weight 230lbs i am on varsity football team and bench 350. i am not fat

Well there's a good bit of your problem. In order to get it to 1900lbs with you in it would require that the car way 1670lbs before you got in with fuel...There's no way you can get it that light and keep it street legal or at least keep it safe to drive on the road. The lightest street legal Honda I've ever seen was around 1900 lbs with no driver.

I'd say if you want to focus your energy on anything with the build, fix the clutch so it doesn't slip and buy some light weight wheels and some slicks. If your dragging as well, you can take the none drive wheels and throw some donuts on it to lose a few lbs as well.

I forget the stock weight of an Eg coupe EX...

But I removed the front bumper reinforcements and the rear, my back seats, my heater core, I cut out reinforcement in my doors (Hope I don't get into any side accidents), spare tire, Seat belts, Two front seats replaced with lighter racing seats and 6 point harnesses, Carbon Fiber Hood, Removed AC Compressor, and Power Steering pump all related lines, Any and all carpeting in the rear, sound deadening material. I also saved weight replacing the upper control arms, lower control arms, with after market parts (All being lighter, with higher aluminum compositon, Sway bars and Shocks/Springs, I'd like to think my cross drilled and slotteds weigh less but it's a big brake set up so I doubt it, Headers and intake manifold were replaced with aftermarkets I'd believe to be lighter then the stocks

Maybe i'm being optimistic but I'd like to think I took a good 200-300lbs clean out of my car. JDM H22a being rebuilt and thrown back in with Mahle High Compression Pistons and rings, Hondata S300 ecu and a Custom Fuel Rail with the RDX injectors in it..I'm hoping I top out 230bhp@the wheel, at least 170lb-ft torque..low weight, I'm gunning for 12.5's..hoping anyway.

well that sounds good but do you know how to read? we just had the discussion that this thread is 6 YEARS OLD

well that sounds good but do you know how to read? we just had the discussion that this thread is 6 YEARS OLD

Yet it has responses dating as faaaaaaaaaaaaar back as......Yesterday. As if weight saving is not gonna be important to someone else who may reference this thread for information..which is good..because ALOT OF THE TIME IT'S WHAT YOU GUYS TELL NEW COMERS TO DO....yanno Search? Read other threads for info?

Later.

Who cares if the thread is 6years old

It's all relevant information

Most Guys are trying to improve their HP/weight Ratio

In 20years from now

Guys will still be trying to improve their HP/weight Ratio

That's what I'm doing here and

I own a Z06 Corvette not a Honda

But that makes no difference to me

because we are all trying to accomplish the same Goal

You can save some weight by installing a smaller Gas tank

Get rid of your coolant expansion tank