how-to ls motor into a ef

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think the throttle cable from a 92-95 civic...
i bought one for a 90 teggy and its too long,
also as for the i.m try hitting it with a hammer

yup it sure does! and i took the head off and pulled the oil pan and shit off and everything looks mint!!! my friends dad is a engine builder and hes gonna go through it for me! but its def. well worth the 100 bucks!!! but i should have this in by next weekend im hopin...then boosted in a few weeks!!

cool, your car looks exaclty like mine, and im also doing the same swap... race ya!

so i went to put the motor in today and i had ordered a competition stage 1 clutch...well i go to put that on and the throw out bearing was diferent. so im like ok ill just leave the old one on and put the new clutch on...well the clutch is loose on the splines! so i did a little research and i have a 93 ls motor with a 92 cable tranny...well i ordered a 93 clutch thinkin they were all the same! well i guess i was wrong...the 91 and 92 ls trannys have a dif spline count then the 93 and 94 ones...grr...so now i have to wait a few more days for the new clutch before i go to put the motor in!! sucks

so i went to put the motor in today and i had ordered a competition stage 1 clutch...well i go to put that on and the throw out bearing was diferent. so im like ok ill just leave the old one on and put the new clutch on...well the clutch is loose on the splines! so i did a little research and i have a 93 ls motor with a 92 cable tranny...well i ordered a 93 clutch thinkin they were all the same! well i guess i was wrong...the 91 and 92 ls trannys have a dif spline count then the 93 and 94 ones...grr...so now i have to wait a few more days for the new clutch before i go to put the motor in!! sucks

that doesnt sound right.. the 90-91 clutches are the same. and the 92-93 clutches are the same. And they are not interchangeable. the only difference is that the input shaft size on the clutch for the 92-93's is 1/16 of an inch larger. they both are 220mm and 24 spline. If you have a 92 cable transmission for sure, then the 93 clutch should work. Since the clutch disc is loose on the splines, that means you actually have a 90-91 cable tranny which has the 1inch diameter input shaft, as opposed to the 92-93 trannys 1 and 1/16" input shaft diameter. That explains why its so loose.

Back