How to make a crx fast and reliable for cheap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

streetracer91586

hi, me and 4 of my friends are each buying a crx to go on a road trip from mass to arizona. We are going to paint them all flat white with black hoods. We are looking for ideas on how to go about making a fast crx for REALLY cheap. We dont want to spend a lot of money on these b/c we plan on destroyin them after the trip. I heard to install the b18b motor because it is fairly cheap and will make the crx much faster. If you have any suggestions on what to do to make these fast but still reliable, keep in mind CHEAP, let me know. Thanks alot.

LS sounds good, low 15's high 14's. ls motors are pretty cheap (like 500 bucks) also check the article in the read only, you use a the entire top end of an si, he says its like 500 bucks too.

how about do whatever you want to it, but then instead of just destroying it, give it to me.

oh hellsyeah! we're gonna have so much fun with this! i cant wait. i wish hasport made a mount kit and axles for the h22 in the crx... i'd just throw my motor at it.... the crx would cry! lol but we need somthing simple, gotta be obd1 b-series... a b16a would be sweet, but who's got one for even under a grand?.. ya know? we dont need it to be all jdm'd up and stuff... just a regular b16a out of a civic si, and plop.. it's in and we're running low 14's at the track when we get back from the trip... lol someone please help us out here..
oh, i'm jim k. by the way. i got a jdm h22a in my civic, and i love every second of it. i'm at 13.9 as of last night, and top mph so far has been 101. but there's plenty still to get out of the motor, i only have flexpipe back exhaust consisting of a catco 3" high flow cat, 2 1/2" pipe back to the new acura cl dual mufflers, looks good, and it's high flow, and still quiet. i have full msd ignition, and a short ram intake... that's all though..

what years are the CRX's, and whats cheap to you???

LS motors may be cheap, but by the time you get done with mount kits, trans, axles etc etc etc you're looking at 1500 easy for the swap...

EDIT: and how fast are you looking to make these cars??

cheapest solutions would be ZC swap, mini-me swap, Z6 swap, or nitrous, and a little more expensive would be a custom junkyard turbo setup using the hf manifold and junkyard parts...

well yah, the thing is, we'll probably end up keeping these things, and just running them as al out drag cars... so it's all good..

we are only looking to spend about 1000 bucks b/c they're guna be our beater carsnot our daily drivers....so none of us want to spend all of our money on somehting we wont even drive much...also we want to be able to play tag and rip the e-brake in front of each other....we are driving for 5 days straight it might get a little boring

Originally posted by streetracer91586@Sep 24 2004, 09:15 AM
we are only looking to spend about 1000 bucks b/c they're guna be our beater carsnot our daily drivers....so none of us want to spend all of our money on somehting we wont even drive much...also we want to be able to play tag and rip the e-brake in front of each other....we are driving for 5 days straight it might get a little boring
[post=394256]Quoted post[/post]​

For $1000? Just buy the car and get insurance.

Back