1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to mini me d15b7 crx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by MR.UTI, Mar 6, 2008.

1. MR.UTI

MR.UTI New Member

How do I convert a d15b7 to a single cam mini me??? and if anyone has any d16z6 ecus for sale let me know:D

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

i think you have just have to change the valve cover to one that says "vtech"

3. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

That's so wrong. Funny, but wrong. haha

Now then, on to the crux of the question. I know that for starters you would need a new head, as I used to have a D15b7 before. Start out by finding a D16z6 head or a D16Y8 head. Both are VTEC and will bolt right up to your block.

A little research on this wouldn't hurt either, as I can not provide all of the answers you are looking for. Trust me, I've been researching my very own build for a very long time before I decided to make my own post.

4. p1s70np0w3r

p1s70np0w3r New Member

For starters mini-me swaps are pointless cause there still really slow.. but if you wanna kno what u need... well here:
    -sohc vtec head
    -p28 ecu
    -metal head gasket(you can use a cosmetic one but then with the dropped compression you gain like no power, so then it becomes pointless.. go the extra mile and spend $50 on a good head gasket)
    -ex timing belt
    -When you remove the head theres a little round oil restrictor on the center of the back of the deck, pull it out.. cause w/o pulling it out u wont get enough oil pressure for vtec to work..
    -Bolt your shit together..and hook up your ecu
    - you have to pin and run 3 wires.... 2 for the vtec oil pressure switch and 1 for the vtec selinoid(look up a pin out diagram)
    - drive your car ad slap the vtak happiness...
    -Last but not least, sell your d-series and buy a b series swap..
    SLLLOOOOOWWW CHIRP BBAaaa SLoooowwwwww grind bbaaaasslloOOOWWWW... go d series....

5. monotech909

monotech909 Got V-tec?

Best way to do this conversion and cheapest is go with D16y8 cylinder head cause your obd-0 distributer will bolt right up and lign up perfectly fine. The D16z6 will throw off the timing and will require jumper harness/obd-1 dizzy/p28 ecu.
    Once you have everything going you can use pr3/pwo ecus or you can run a autometer rpm activator module to control the v-tec which works kind of like a v-tec controller and you can set the v-tec at desired Rpms by changing out the pills on the module. Just make sure to unplug the v-tec oil jet on the upper center part of the block between cylinders 2-3 use a pick or wood screw and screw it in a bit and pull straight up should come off like butter. Good luck on your build up, Peace!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted