how to notice vtec head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludecrasy87

Ok so i want to know way before my friend goes on buyin a head for his car, hes plannin to just go for a head swap on his 96 accord.
Now i remember on a thread that a member was pissed cuz he was ripped of on ebay from buyin a vtec head and they send them a non vtec.
So how can you tell the difference on f22b1 to f22b2, i know duh just by lookin the valve cover but i seen people that change that for they can say they own vtec. But i noticed more people sell heads without the valve cover so how can you tell by lookin at it?
My friend told me that you can look underneath the the head where you see all the valves but all i see 16, i know vtec opens an extra valves at an rpm range?

ok i noticed that too has like this bronze lookin cylidersticking out and a bright blue plug out into the solenoid, but i seen head for sale without the solenoid.
They just say F-series SOHC V-tec for sale Very very cheap and stuff like that

ask them to count the cam lobes for you. vtec head should have more than non-vtec. the non-vtec should have 16.

Back