How to raise redline?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
Let me give you guys a little overview of the setup i am planning to run.

obd1 b18a
light headwork
upgraded valve springs
adjustable camgears
stock cams
Safc w/hack on an obd1 pr4
dsm 450's
warlboro fuel pump
t25/ or t3 turbo
GSR tranny

with a power goal of around 200 whp. i just wanted to know how i can get around the stock pr4 redline. i just want to be able to rap to between 7.8 and 8k rpm. the reason is because i don't want to fall out of boost between shifts, and i think being able to stay in a gear 1000 rpm longer would alleviate this problem.

i was thinking about possibly getting the ecu chipped with vtec fuel maps, and then adjusting the fuel curves with the safc. what kind of chip should i look at?

from what i have read somewhere on this site the b18 block(pistons and rods) can not rev past 7500-8000 or something around there.

Hondata stage 3 re-maps your fuel, eliminates your speed govenor and raises redline. Or i seen a thing on spoons website (i dont know how reliable this is) called a block guard and they took i think a b16 up to 10000 rpm and held it there without damaging the engine.

if your planin on revin that high i'd be worried about more than a block gaurd, thats about the least of the things you need to do, run the hack if youve already got everything, its pointless to rev higher if you aren't going to be makin power

hey saturn boy do you have the turbo on yet cause i have a turbo on my b18 and i dont fall out of boost when i shift at 6800-7000

you won't fall out of boost on a t25, and doubtful on a t3 .48 with a gsr tranny and stock redline...

If he is running the safc, then he has an adjustable redline right there doesn't he? At least on the VAFC they do I believe???

the turbo i am really looking at is a t3 super 60 (.60 ar compressor/ .48 ar exhaust). i haven't decided if i want to run with the stock internals or go with forged rods and pistons. i figure since i am putting it together i might as well go all out since rods and pistons are less than 1k.

thanks for the replys.

so would chipping the ecu be a good idea or not, since i am going to trim the fuel maps with an SAFC anyways?

it would be pretty pointless...

just run a vafc hack style fuel system, and a low boost super 60 will be fine

Back