how to read cam lift

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

can someone explain to me how to read the cam lift i found a bunch of articles on it but they are all talking about "@1mm" or "@0mm" what does that mean exactly and which it better to read? also is there a difference with the obd0 cam, obd1 cam, and obd2b cam on the b16? thanks guys

lift is how high the cam pulls the valve open. the @ is WHERE it is measured.
it's kinda like car amps... some are rated for 200 wats at 14.4 volts, and some are rated for 175 at 12.2 volts. the 175 watt amp will probably make more power. its just WHERE they take the emasurement on the cam

sir 1 cams are smaller than sir2 cams. i dont think there is much if any different between obd1 and 2 though, but obd0 are def slightly smaller.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 2 2005, 08:36 PM
lift is how high the cam pulls the valve open. the @ is WHERE it is measured.
it's kinda like car amps... some are rated for 200 wats at 14.4 volts, and some are rated for 175 at 12.2 volts. the 175 watt amp will probably make more power. its just WHERE they take the emasurement on the cam

sir 1 cams are smaller than sir2 cams. i dont think there is much if any different between obd1 and 2 though, but obd0 are def slightly smaller.
[post=440312]Quoted post[/post]​

well cams push the valve open

( got b for once)

pull, push, whatever :p

image002.gif

now that is funny i love that pic, but back to the topic if a company is messuring there cams @0 lift is it better the rating it @1? also if i am going to boost my engine and the way it looks i might being going ls vtec so i am going to work on the head while i have the chance is there any cams that i should look at over another? my boy bought some obx cams they look good but i know obx has a bad rep from what i know about there exhaust systems, but the cams go for 350 compared to like 600 for the skunk2s or should i look for a ctr cam and call it a day?

I think that the fact that those OBX cams go for about one half of what most people consider a standard-quality cam should be indicative of something.

obx anything sucks.

it will probably end up breakin gin half and killing your entire valv e train, pistons, valves, and so forth when it does

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 2 2005, 03:25 AM
can someone explain to me how to read the cam lift i found a bunch of articles on it but they are all talking about "@1mm" or "@0mm" what does that mean exactly and which it better to read? also is there a difference with the obd0 cam, obd1 cam, and obd2b cam on the b16? thanks guys
[post=440032]Quoted post[/post]​

the advertised int. lift and exh. lift specified @1mm is a better number to go by to compare cams. also look at the duration which can make a huge difference in your setup.

Back