How To Reset Ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

My gf's little brother's GSR's engine light is on so im trying to help him diagnose it. But i forgot how to reset the ECU :lol: after running the error code test. As i remember it, you turn on the car for 5-10 mins and turn it off. Pop the hood and remove the 10amp fuse near the battery terminals. Turn the car on again and let it run for another 5-10 mins. Turn off the car and put back in the ECU. is this righT?? thanks for the help guys.. Later

just turn off the car, take out the fuse, wait a few seconds, put fuse back in, turn on car, wala, done.

i was always told to warm the vehicle up first then take the fuse out and let sit for five minutes.

put it back in and let idle for 15 minutes with out touching gas or anything.

Originally posted by B16@May 6 2003, 12:16 PM
just turn off the car, take out the fuse, wait a few seconds, put fuse back in, turn on car, wala, done.

:werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@May 9 2003, 11:18 AM
How do you get the CEL to flash?

Jump the two contacts of your diagnostic connector with a wire or paper clip. It's the 2 pin plug (female) located under your dash on the passenger side. Jump that plug, turn key but don't start engine, count flashes. Easy.

Originally posted by Calesta+May 9 2003, 05:37 PM-->
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@May 9 2003, 11:18 AM
How do you get the CEL to flash?

Jump the two contacts of your diagnostic connector with a wire or paper clip. It's the 2 pin plug (female) located under your dash on the passenger side. Jump that plug, turn key but don't start engine, count flashes. Easy.

s3ebd46a0e3799.jpg

Back