How To Swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoneStock

I am new to this...I have a d16 right now and want to swap in a b16..
Is there a site that will show me "how to swap" or just give some tips..

I am asking this question cause nobody races imports by me and the local shop hasent swaped a import engine ina while and they want to charge me 2500 not counting the engine,trans,etc...This is BS :bs: ....

:worthy: I need all the help I can get..

Thanks for replys in advance.

Do a search, all the necessary info is right here on this site. You will need motor mounts for sure, other than that it is mostly bolt in, just use the search button and the tech articles :lol:

-Matt

Originally posted by Spyderturbo@Apr 26 2003, 02:49 AM
You will need motor mounts for sure, other than that it is mostly bolt in,

NO,not nescessarily,it depends on what car he is swapping into_Only pre 92 will need a mount kit.

ok, my suggestion is to pick up an OBD1 or 2 B16a, complete swap should be about $2200 shipped..i believe you will need motor mounts, and all, as for the "local shop" charging $2500 to install..take it somewhere else, our shop down in Columbus, Ga. charges $900 for a swap, this includes pulling the old motor and everything. I dont know where you are but if your close stop by, we are about 90 minutes south of atlanta. or you can call (706)221-4428 the shop is called Nu Deal Autotrendz, we specialize in JDM motor swaps, forced induction, body kits, etc.

Originally posted by 7thgen01 Posted on Apr 26 2003@ 03:16 AM
ok, my suggestion is to pick up an OBD1 or 2 B16a, complete swap should be about $2200 shipped..i believe you will need motor mounts,

I think we are still missing info on what he is swapping.Why don't we wait to give advice till such info becomes availible.

Thanks 92b16...That was very nice and all the info I need....
Yes I need motor mounts cause its a 91 crx si and the mounts on it now are cracked..Would a change of bushing work good or just get the hasports?

To the person that said "Try another shop".

Id like to do it myself for cheap but I will go searching for another shop since theres only 1 in my "town".

ok then yes you need a mount kit in the US rex's for a B16,but you also need modified shiftlinkage and 90-93 teg axles.You can go through HAsport for all this to make it easy,and get a for sure fit the first time around.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 26 2003, 10:39 PM
you'll want something obd0 for your crx

What you mean by this?I emailed hasport about a zydne ecu cause its only a few more hundred than a conversion harness plus it has some good features.

Yeah if you go witha b16a sir I obd 0, you should just buy the whole swap and use those parts. You would just plug the engine harness given in the swap (if uncut) into you're stock si body harness and put the ecu into place. You don't need axles if they are included and all would be needed besides the actual swap is stuff like clutch and all that stuff if you want to replace, and a modified bseries shiftlinkage for you're car from hasport and motor mounts, which I would also buy from hasport.

You don't need a conversion for your car, it is already mpgfi so you can just plug the new harness from the b16 into you're stock body harness and use the ecu given in the swap.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 27 2003, 02:49 PM
You don't need a conversion for your car, it is already mpgfi so you can just plug the new harness from the b16 into you're stock body harness and use the ecu given in the swap.

I am getting the zydne ecu thats listed on the hasport site.

Back