How to take out the rear 1/4 panel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys,

my rear 1/4 panel got kicked in and I was wondering what it takes to pull them out and replace them. I know there is a factory seam somewhere, but I dont know if I should go for that or make my own or what? I dont really know too much about body work, but I'm sure I can take apart whatever I need to to get all the way down the point where I need somebody who knows what they're doing to come help me in person...

so what all could I take apart? right before the point of cutting it out

thanks guys

if anyone wants to help me in person (I live in Minnesota) that would be alright with me... there's lots of work to get done aside from the 1/4 panel, but right now thats my biggest concern. I got an estimate today and it was about 2100 dollars to do everything...

let me know guys!

Its a lot of work and your going to need some tools like a welder, cut off wheel etc. I'll post up a how to later if your still thinking of undertaking this job.

i believe i have all that, my dads a body shop manager and we have a body shop at my house... the reason my dad wont help me though is because he doesn't feel he has any obligation to help me, and its like 30 hours of work... i dont blame him though

so please write it up!

thanks

fuck that welding shit, fiberglass that bitch up.

No really, it's alot of work. How bad is the dent, if it's able to be pulled most of the way out you can fiberglass it then use some body filler. This is much more forgiving approach.

got to a paintless dent repar place and see if thety can pop it for you?
if not repost and well talk you trough the body work

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 9 2004, 03:48 AM
got to a paintless dent repar place and see if thety can pop it for you?
if not repost and well talk you trough the body work
[post=400453]Quoted post[/post]​

agreed.

Unless that dent is sooooooo bad that it CANNOT be pulled, or runs over multiple body lines, I'd just fix what you have.

If you have a body shop at your disposal, then you should have multiple hammers and anvils for reshaping the metal.

That's how I'd fix it.

Back