How to takeout and reinstall an engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ant0n3

93 Coupe
:confused:Need help !! Im taking out my engine tomorrow because the bottom end is seized ! I bought a new bottom end but I need help on how to take it out and reinstall. !! I just want my car to start !!! any help ? any 1 that is located in Fall River that can help me out ?:confused: I'd appreciate it :D

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I was going to color tape everything. so I know what goes where and what not ! But I have some kids coming over and help me he said he knew what he was doing..but what sux is I have no lift to take the engine out so its gonne be by hand !

I was going to color tape everything. so I know what goes where and what not !

Good!

But I have some kids coming over and help me he said he knew what he was doing..

Don't know what to think about that!

but what sux is I have no lift to take the engine out so its gonne be by hand !

You're kidding!!!!!:eek: :eek: :confused:

Good luck , be careful lifting this engine by hand ,take a lot of pics and post your progress here.

o0o I will dont worry lol..I wish I had a lift it will be so much easier ! I cant wait till I get my B16 I should get it on my birthday October 13th Then ill be set its going to be coming with a Edelbrock Performer X turbo kit or maybe GReddy I dont know yet..but thanx for the tip on taking pics ! I'll be sure to take some...How long do you think It will take ?

My swap took me 3 days working alone in a cold garage and an extra 3 to find out that i had a bad ground connection. Todays it'll take less than that because i've already done it once. With 2 to 3 person it should be done in 24h.

lol my friend pat said 1 hour ! but i know it wont ! I doubt that it will take 1 hour ! It will be like a 24 hour projectt..but I really aint doing a swap im just switching bottom ends !

did some work today with my buddys scal and fernando ! Heres some work and some pics..I need to buy all new gaskets ! Income tax is coming in today so going to autozone and purchasing all the gaskets then tomorrow building the engine up and i'll be all set =)..vtec
(old motor in these pictures) New motor will be takin 2 morrow !

allmyshyt001.jpg

allmyshyt002.jpg

allmyshyt003.jpg
allmyshyt004.jpg

allmyshyt005.jpg

allmyshyt006.jpg

allmyshyt007.jpg

be sure to post pics of the back x-rays after your done

icon_eek.gif
What happened to that block!
Lol it was in my friends car and he did something and he blew the engine badly as you see..he didnt know he has a hole in it until we took it out of his car lol..but yea I have a new block with only 95,xxx miles..and performance headers

Back