1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to tap for oil

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by hatchzrul3, Jun 16, 2010.

1. hatchzrul3

hatchzrul3 New Member

for a b18a how would i tap for oil for a ls vtec build

1 person likes this.
  2. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

you dont have to tap, sandwich plate on oil filter, ss line to head(remove freeze plug on left side of head).

3. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

couldve just left it at this, and let him find it on his own
    negative rep wasnt necessary. doing shit like this causes more bullshit than its worth. repped the OP to put him back in the green.

now, back on topic:

OP, just as magana559 stated, you can use a sandwich plate on the oil filter which is probably the easiest way of doing it. otherwise you can remove your oil pressure sending unit and put a "tee" there, and run a braided stainless steel line from there to previously mentioned freeze plug on the cylinder head.

4. BP203

BP203 New Member

I personally wouldn't tap it myself. I would either have a shop do it, or just buy an aftermarket name brand with one that comes tapped brand new. The way I look @ it is, you're going to spend how much money on a turbo, plus installation, and a tune, why not just spend another $200 or so and buy an oilpan that comes tapped. I wouldn't want to take the risk of f*cking everything up. Call me paranoid, but that's my oppinion.

5. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Playoffs??!!! You're talking about Playoffs??!!

No Turbo here.....its not at the oil pan either. This is a Frankenstein motor and it needs more oil for a VTEC head

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted