how to tell if vtec is working??????????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why dont you share so other people with this problem might be able to fix it without making a thread ? DEE DEE DEE!

ok. i have a question for you all then. I also just did an engine swap in my 93 civic hatch vx. we dropped in a d15b7 block (non vtec i know) and we put a d16z6 head on it. since my civic is a vx model it was originally a vtec so all the wiring and computer were able to be used on the d16z6 head. i didnt know about an oil restrictor jet in the block (blanco gave me that info) so the vtec didnt work at all. we took the head off and pulled that jet out and it still doesnt work. but i read on this page someone mentioned their o2 sensor? my o2 sensor is bad. could that be the reason my vtec wont kick in? if so the shitty part about that is that the vx civic have the 5 wire o2 sensor and they cost $500 at auto zone. so im screwed for now. but any info would help please. thanks:mad:
$500 for an o2 sensor???????????

Back