How to tell If you have the wrong ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dilbeckskate

infamous
In my 1990 crx I have a PR3 ecu for my jdm b16a, A buddy of mine said he thinks I have a auto ecu , how do I tell ? What would the car do If im running a manual transmission with an auto ecu ? :confused:

i put an obd0 auto ecu on one of my old DAs with a b16a once.... it made the vtec crossover lower and the redline lower, but otherwise drove pretty normal. i think there was a cel on from it too, but it was about 8 years ago so i hardly remember :p

there is a way to tell on the ecu.. the last 3 digits have something to do with a auto or manual like PR3-A01 i think is a manual I found a site before that tells you..

there is a way to tell on the ecu.. the last 3 digits have something to do with a auto or manual like PR3-A01 i think is a manual I found a site before that tells you..

see idk my rev limiter is at 8k, and vtec engages at 6 grand, i didnt thing anything was wrong, but i will check the codes when the snow melts and i can stand to be outside for more than 5 mins lol i just wonder why the rev limiter is soo high when i did no tuning

You could use our reference section to answer your questions...

in 88-91 ecus (PM6, PR4, PW0, PR3, PM7):
5spd = 000, 001, 002, A00, A01, A10, J00, J001, C01, C00
Auto = J51, J50, A50, A51, 901, A60, C50, C51, X30, A80, L50, L51

Back