How To Tell What Engine It Is?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thepester

Hey,
how can you tell what engine is in a car?

let me know what you guys think, i dont think this is the original head. it had a red head, and then it went into inspection, and came back with this head... wtf.. let me know what you think. how can i know forsure?
Mvc-004f.jpg

what does that motor look likes it got to use?
let me know plz

s3e769817882b2.jpg

the area circled in red will tell ya what kind of block it is b16, b18, whatever..

now.. i think your refering to the valve cover when you say "it had a red head" The head is the part where the intake manifold comes in and also where the header bolts to. The part that says DOHC VTEC is just a valve cover that can be swapped easily, so i dont know why it would come back from inspection.. whatever inspection is going on

we cant tell what kind of motor it is because you cant read the block stamp from the pic. I think that car is fucked.. and that motor has been exposed to the weather.. and it need help.. lots of it

thanks, it looks like the intake manifold are still good, and it looks like the cold air intake is still good, and im guessing that throttle body is still good. i dono what else, i think ill buy the whole package for cheap and test the shit out.

that turbo manifold may still be usable as well as the turbo so if you get it cheap buy it

gotta love the pictures you guys post on this forum... :D

Back