How to tell what size rod bearings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nope. just making sure.. lol
youre lucky bearing sizes decrease in hundredths.

The size of the bearing is what effects the oil clearance correct so plastigauge is the proper way to check if the bearing is the right size. I am right about this arent I.

Yeah so if I put the bearing into the rod and connected the rod to the crankshaft with a piece of plastigauge, and it doesnt measure to the right clearance then I would know that the bearing is the right or wrong size

I am not going to use acl bearings because I am building for long term use. I want the bearings to fit as close to perfect as possible. I am just wondering if the process I was discribing a couple of posts ago is correct. mfgreen has me thinking that I am confused about something. Am I?

I am not going to use acl bearings because I am building for long term use. I want the bearings to fit as close to perfect as possible. I am just wondering if the process I was discribing a couple of posts ago is correct. mfgreen has me thinking that I am confused about something. Am I?

no, you got it right.

I was asking myself the same question as in the original post...don't know why Plastigage didn't come to mind... duh. I guess sometimes you just lose brainpower.

Back