1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell when transmission is going

Discussion in 'Accord' started by davidsampson, Feb 18, 2009.

1. davidsampson

davidsampson New Member

Let me start this by saying that I drive a 94 Accord with a manual transmission, and it has taught several people how to drive stick on it. Lately I have noticed that the clutch seems looser, and there are a few other minor problems. For instance, the rev limiter sometimes blocks when it should not, somedays the car seems jerkier when shifting, and I don't think I am shifting any differently, etc. As far as I know the car has never had any transmission work done. How can I tell if there is something really wrong with the transmission, and is it worth it to fix it? Also, can I do anything to tighten the clutch?

2. Banned User

Banned User Banned

Sounds like my tranny in my accord right before the gears blew through the case.

No im not joking.

3. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

If you are hitting a rev limiter early, it may not be your tranny causing that. Is your CEL on?

4. davidsampson

davidsampson New Member

Forgive my ignorance, CEL?

5. davidsampson

davidsampson New Member

No, check engine light is not on. ABS light is, but thats a recurring problem.

Also I should note that the rev limiter problem is only occaisionally, not consistent.

6. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

What RPM are you hitting it?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted