How to tell when your Wideband goes bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

Hey guys, just thought this might be another good topic to clear up. i was curious myself.

Im using an LC1 and i havent had any problems with it so far at all, pretty happy at the moment. but i know you have to use 91 octane gas or higher to stop from ruining the sensor. so just a few things i was hoping ppl could pitch in and give some things NOT TO DO with your wideband, such as running old gas, or lower octane gasoline....ive never heard any others, But there MUST be alot of others. so if you know any can we post them up for everyone using a wideband.

And How do you know when it does go bad, do you get readings wayyy off. does the voltage constantly flucuate alot in large amounts? so any good tips on maintaining a wideband and what to watch out for, thought it might be a good thread, lets see what we can get! :cool:

No lead in the gas, lol.

I don't remember reading anything that says using lower octane gas ruins an o2 sensor, so please link from a reputable source. Not that I am even able to use anyless than 91 in my car, just curious.

ill try and find it. i heard it from a guy who runs a shop near me with a dyno. he said cheap gas kept ruining his AEM widebands. and then i read it on a website, ill try and find it and link it up!

but really how do you tell when a wideband is starting to get on its way out, or is already bad??

Back