How to tell year on my B18A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wiredjosh

OK, so I was looking here and saw that the 90-91 b18a has 10hp less than the 92-93 ones. Is there a reason for this? Is it just the cams? It seems like, if the CR is the same, the bore and stroke are the same, then the only other thing that could change would be the cams, or maybe something about the intake manifold or something, right? Well, anyway, I would like to know what year my motor is, but I don't see the usual date stamps on the head or block. Am I just blind, or are they somewhere else on a B18A than what I think? Does anyone know the answer to this question? Pissedoffsol, do you know, since you made the chart?

Thanks!

SHould be on the head above the exhaust manifold on the left hand side. There is a series of small numbers on circles, the one on hte very left is the last two numbers in the date. (9|0) looks something like this.

I think the extra 10hp came from a new designed exhaust manifold and better tuning. Obd1 is a much better system than obd0

So do you think I'd be better off to run it up to OBD1 and use like a P75 ECU?

Thanks for the info!

I have heard that it is due to a better designed intake manifold in the 92-93. The cams should be the same from 90-93. 94 and on are slightly more aggressive, but not by much.

cams/intake mani/exhaust mani/tuning... are the main differences.

you can tell by the color and shape of the plugs...

you can tell by the stock air intake... 90-91 look like 90-91 CRX Si Intake where as the 92-93's have a little "added" air intake thing...

Back