How to tune B16a engine??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ya I'd paid 2.5k for that.
Yeah, this is MY $2400 CRX.

100_3540.jpg
100_3537.jpg

Sorry for the thread jack. :(

Last edited:
I do agree the CRX dose look ricy.....nothing personal....I would rather not have the body kit IMO.

Get that bad boy running!

I appreciate the reply's from the people that actually know WTF they are talking about, but Rice is all looks and no performance as far as I know. And the car has good performance. Just cause it has a body kit, which looks mostly JDM you call it a bit ricy? LoL... Aight then. If you say so pro.

^_^

Anyway, found out its not a cracked head. Mobil mechanic will be here tomorrow to diagnose/give me a quote.

OKay, if you look in the pictures near the upper left of the engine, there is a metallic blue piece and a guage that reads PSI. It reads 0 when the car is off of course, but reads 5-6 when the car is idling. It's not connected to a turbo, so I know its not turbo PSI *plus you dont hear/see turbo lol* And it runs to some small black box and then has an outlet hose from there running to through the car. I have no idea wtf it is. I'll take a close up pic tomorrow and post. But if you have any idea what it might be, that'd be cool to know. Thanks.

aight thanx, I'll do some research to find out what a good fuel pressure is for this engine. Appreciate it admin.

aight thanx, I'll do some research to find out what a good fuel pressure is for this engine. Appreciate it admin.

Do u think its a fuel pressure regulator, or just gauge? I'd have to say regulator due to the fact it has an adjustor, hmmm Checking on this...

yesh, regulator, sorry. useless mod really... no need to raise fuel pressure. should be around 42 psi though, not 5.

Tight, got the oil changed. I used 5-20w, no smoke from tail pipe anymore! Seems this car just needed a simple tune up. Exhaust still leaks to cabin, pro mechanic diagnosed that being a 2 inch shorter tail pipe which releases exhaust into the hatch and that the firewall has holes in it that needs to be sealed. Other than that, its alot better. Cams still gotta go and rust on the front strut bar brackets needs attended, but other than that... I'm looking into getting the ride from making noises when hitting speed bumps. Sounds like some hard hitting shit when it hits a speed bump doing 5mph. *shrugs* I'll have that diagnosed later.

Thanks for all the input fa sho.

I'm the process of getting the firewall sealed up and seeing whats up on this suspension. It has adjustable coilovers, which definitely shine hard on the underbody. The car sits 4 inches from the ground. Guess it needs shocks/struts? :cool:

Thats my guess... makes no noises when turning. THis thing I come to find out is completely gutted. *which I had a feeling of, LoL* No powersteering, no a/c-heater, lotta shit gutted but still looks nice on the inside with the new leather headliner and a camoflauged moonroof. Anyway, if you have any suggestions, Im all ears.

The fuel pressure guage has 2 different sets of numbers, I was looking at a different one. The fuel pressure is 39 on idle. Thanks on that...;)

5-20 is a little thin. 5-30 is the recommend oil.

@suspension -- check the shock mounts. probably need to be replaced

5-20 is a little thin. 5-30 is the recommend oil.

@suspension -- check the shock mounts. probably need to be replaced

Damn, thanx... I'll do that.

All in all compared to the blackened oil that was in it, I'd say its better off sitting project car in that manner. But I'll definitely change it to 5-30 considering your stature and overall experience before I decide to run it hard.

yeah, if the oil is too thin it will just blow-by and not lubricate properly.

This is assuming you live in normal temps. if you live at the north pole, 5-20 might be better :D

Just the opposite, I live in Dallas, Tx.

And its normal temps during the day and cold at night at the moment. I figure 5-30w would be the best after researching. ^_^

If not 10-40w...

5-30 is fine for this time of year. maybe your june/july/august 3 month change you can go to 5-40, but thats about it.

Back