how to wire 2nd O2 sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

I have a 96 civic hb with JDM 98 GSR in it. I couldnt find a wire from my wireharness so I could connect my 2nd O2 sensor. I have the O2 sensor on the downpipe hook up, but I still have check engine light. I know that my car requires two O2 sensor and I only have one hooked up, does anyone know where is the other O2 connected to beside the one on the downpipe? or do i have to connect directly to the ecu? thanks

Is there not a spot for both sensors? or is the wiring not available for both sensors,I couldn't figure out what you are trying to say. If they are both in but only one is connected, then just run wiring up to the ECU. post again if that didn't answer it.

Darin

i got a wireharness from a 97 ex and i only found one connector which I pluged one of the o2 sensors but my engine code still showing o2 sensor. If I am right, my car requires two o2 sensors. I have a high flow OBX cat which has two holes for two o2 sensors and I pluged one o2 sensor to a hole of the cat to the existing wire from the wireharness. what I dont know is the other o2 sensor. I dont know where is the other o2 sensor goes. I could find any extra wire that are not connectice and I couldnt find any spot where the 2nd o2 could possibly hook up to. Or isnt because I have a JDM, therefore, I have to connect the 2nd 02 to the ecu directly? and if it is so, which pin do I connect to? is there any info on how to do this? thanks.

there you go, now I got ya. Yeah, you have to connect the 2nd O2 sensor wires, to one of 2 places. If you still have a plug from your old harness for the O2 sensor, then chop that off with a leaving a little bit of wire on it( a couple of inchs) then run wire along the harness to make it look professional, and on the side of

the engine bay where the wiring harness main plugs connect for easy dropp in and out, you could find out which wire it goes to, or you can run it directly to the ECU. Running directly to the ECU will probably be the easiest, because you don't have to look for which wire is which.

On the ecu, I don't know off hand which wires are what, but look around the site to see, there is a list of pinout's and just connect the wire to the one that is there. Because technically, the O2 sensor wires is run from the ECU to the engine

compartment, but since you switched harnesses, it must not be run to the actually place. Then once you have the wires run and connected. UNplug the ecu completly, and then reconnect, to make the cel go away, If that doesn't work, let us know.

DArin

(I spaced it randomly for ease of reading)

Back