1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to wire vtec?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b17efhatch, Jan 25, 2005.

1. b17efhatch

b17efhatch Junior Member

iam to familiar with honda swaps...but i just got a ef hatch with b17a1 gs-r swap but it has an ls ecu..is there ne way i can wire the vtec using the ls ecu?...ow and if anyone knows any places sellin ecus for a good price...i have heard that the 92-93 gs-r ecus r expensive and hard to find...anything would help..thanks

2. jdmracer

jdmracer Member

you could wire the vtec to a switch inside the car but make sure you have a GOOD ground and ull definitely want some GOOD fuse protection in the middle of the circuit. unfortunately for u b17's are super rare and hard to find but keep an eye out on ebay ive got ecus for mad cheap off there. ull also wanna check all the motor swap sites and ask around on the forums. good luck findin that ecu ur gona need it

3. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

don't even bother using the ls ecu, you will not have the right fuel and ignition maps, etc. Just spend the couple bucks and get the right ecu for the engine

4. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

a p30 should run that motor just fine. i'd do an obd0-obd1 swap with that motor and a p30 ecu. its very easy if you can follow directions.

5. b17efhatch

b17efhatch Junior Member

thanks guys...so a p30..should work just fine?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted