1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to wire vtec?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ernestoexpresso, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ernestoexpresso

ernestoexpresso New Member

i did a mini me on my d15b7 i was wondering how do i wire the vtec on it? also my car is a manuel but but my ecu is automatic is that gonna affect anything?

2. civic94cpe23

civic94cpe23 New Member

Its pretty simple... I wen't ahead and grabbed the link youll need for wiring in vtec.

next time try using the search function might save you a little bit of time.

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-wire-vtec-40811/

Yes the auto ECU will throw check engine lights. You can convert the p28 AUTO ecu to a Manual ECU if u have some simple soldering skills.

Open up the ecu and locate RP17 and R18. Remove the resistors or what ever they call them and then solder a piece of wire across RP18. So there will be nothing in RP17 and the wire would be across RP18.

Myself instead of using wire i'd goto radio shack and grab a 0 ohm transistor and cut the leg off of it and use that instead..

If what I said is kinda confusing just search google for p28 auto to manual.

Oh and heres another link explaining it a little better.
    http://hondaswap.com/ecus-electronics-tuning/pics-your-auto-p28-manual-49537/

search function is your friend. :)

Good luck

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. ernestoexpresso

so do i have to convert it or will it be ok for now?

4. civic94cpe23

civic94cpe23 New Member

Might as well convert it. It will throw some codes and may do other shit. not sure I converted mine..... Should take less then 5 minutes to convert the ECU.

5. ernestoexpresso

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted