How To: Wire your own OBD-0 to OBD-1 Distributor Wiring adapter.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good write up!

Concerning the replacement of the plug on an OBD1 dizzy with an OBD0 piece (or vice versa), I believe the actual pins themselves and\or wire gauges are different between the distributors\harnesses. Merely re-pinning in this scenario may not work properly. I may be wrong, I don't have any parts in front of me to check this out, I just remember thinking about something like that when I swapped a Z6 into my 89 CRX Si and used RyWire's OBD0-OBD1 VTEC harness for the conversion. I'm pretty sure a jumper harness like this one is the most practical thing to run as it is plug n play, removable, and time efficient.

yes Im pretty sure you to repin the obd1 connector you would have to get new pins and crimp them onto wires. not necessarily use the pins from the obd0 connector in the obd1 connector.
as for the ecu jumper..... yea with that kit it most likely came with the obd0 to obd1 dizzy adapter. too many connectors than needed is what I think of that.

sry to post this so late into everything but i have an obd1 harness and my dizzy is obd2 so if i were to connect the plug from the harness and match it to the plug on the dizzy according to this diagram it should work?

If I'm not mistaken the plugs on the obd1 and obd2 are the same. You should be able to just plug it up. Right guys?

I'm probably wrong, as I'm an obd0-1 guy, but I'm pretty confident the actual PLUGS are the same, but the wiring may be different, idk.

i dont thikn they are teh same teh solid black/yellow wire adn blue wire are combined with the other sensor wires on the plug for obd-2 as obd-1 has 2 seperate plugs. im pretty sure. im askin is this colour code u provided the right way to wire it?

ef with obd1 wiring problems

i bought a car with a jdm d15b and it is not reving pass 3500 i tryed new dizzy and ecu still will not work it is throwing a code 4 crank angle sensor and the wires to the dizzy are cut

ok if im understanding after all the confusion that aslong as i follow the picture with all the colors i should be fine sorry to bring up an old post

Back