How well does an H22 flow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well im goin through lookin at maps again...just dreamin of a time when my car will actually run. how much do yall think a stock h22 head will flow. id say like 30-35 lbs/min N/A, right?

who cares, shove massive cfm down its throat and watch it pop. itll be fast for about 20 mins.

h22a blows for boost unless its built

id rather not pop it...im only gonna be running about 8psi, and i wanna know how far out to go on the compressor map.

real world experience talking here.

my best friend has a turbo h22a delsol. we built it from a beat shell last winter. hes currently running 8 psi off a t3/4e 60 trim.

and honeslty, it sucks. he has recently been beatin by a turbo cavalier i put together for a kid named pete. cavy was on 10 psi out of a 48/60 and it reamed him.

pissedoffsol has prob seen the cavy and the del sol floating around.

unless your gonna build the block, an h22a boosted is not a good choice imo.

brian may say different, and its all about the tune yada yada, bottom line is the frm sleeves suck, and the pistons are brittle. even with a good tune and conservative timing, itll blow eventually.

it will be rebuilt...probably by next christmas, and the way things are looking itll be six months before turbo. and then another 6 monthes for the rebuild.

the head is not the problem. h22 heads out-flow every b-series motor cfm wise.

its the crappy block thats the mother F'er. i dont disagree with you at all josh. I personalyl wouldn't consider it.

and that cavlier is suck a joke. thing falls on its face the second it hits boost. lol

IMO, build first, then boost.

cuz if you blow up and fuck up your crank or go right through the block, its going to end up costing you twice as much.

do it right the first time.

or, be the first guy to dop a b-series in a lude :p

.....not funny b...i just dont wanna buy two sets of pistons is all...id be going backwards if i bought the 10:1s and i dont wanna run my car for 6 monthes on 9-9.5:1 pistons...gah.

and id have to tear down the block AGAIN when i get the turbo kit put together.

The other thought is just to buy another long block off HMotors and rebuild that...1700 bucks for a running car while im working on the other motor...if it blows...ill just have to work faster eh?

um, you're just throwing pistons in?

you do realize that with FRM sleeves, you have to re-sleeve your block to handel a forged piston, right?

yes brian...lol

not a big deal to have a block sleeved. i be like hey, hatch boy, nab my engine and have it sleeved...they sittin in your garage.

and then the next day i got me a sleeved block, and i only had to pay for the sleeves. and the block of course.

my friend who has the hatch works in an engine shop. i used to do that shit all the time. "ey man tye gave me his bel air engine. he said he needed it honed and the pistons and rods that are sitting there need to be installed. Its all in your garage man." no questions, 3 guys pick it up and put it in his suburban....a day or 2 later we have a fixed engine.

uhh not currently...got a sleeved LS, but thats not going in the lude...

Im thinking about pulling my engine right now and just sleeving it...its not running right, so i might as well.

brian, i fixed the cavalier. it was a set of bad coilpacks the whole time.

his car now rips plenty hard to redline and i estimate it at about 240whp.

Back