how would it work: b18a in delsol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s4is3

Would it be the same to swap in a b18a as compared to a b18c or b16? Or would there be any differences in swapping these engines? It would be going into a del sol.

yea the b20 crv are the most tork out of all the b series but you got to change some things like intake manifold and you got to put a b tranny on it unless you wont to leve it automatic, best thing to do with a b20 is to put a b16a head on it..well actuly the type r has one more foot pound lol

Last edited:
would any b series tranny fit? and do you mean i have to get a b series that fit delsol such as b16 intake manifold?

yes and b series besides a prelude tranny will fit and yea you gona have to get a b16a intake or gsr ect ect any b series intake

well if you dont change the head out run the crv ecu if you put on a b16a head run a p30

yea as long as its the same right gen ecu obd1 obd2 just make sure it matches

aite...will i gotta bounce...so i'll hit you up when i get the motor in...

yes and b series besides a prelude tranny will fit and yea you gona have to get a b16a intake or gsr ect ect any b series intake
Incorrect.Not all B-series intake manifolds are interchangable.You can only use a LS intake manifold on a B20.For example,The ITR intake manifold is only interchangable with the B16 head.The bolt pattern is slightly different.

Incorrect.Not all B-series intake manifolds are interchangable.You can only use a LS intake manifold on a B20.For example,The ITR intake manifold is only interchangable with the B16 head.The bolt pattern is slightly different.

ok besides the itr if he uses the stock crv head he will need a ls or gsr correct ?

would a ls ecu work on the crv head?
Yes you can use a LS ecu.The b20 is going to be obd 2 though so you will either have to buy a ecu jumper and run a obd2 ls ecu or you can convert the B20 to obd1 with LS parts

ok besides the itr if he uses the stock crv head he will need a ls or gsr correct ?
I dunno about the bolt pattern on the GSR intake but your gonna have some problems running it if it does bolt up.As far as i know you can only use the LS or an aftermarket intake on the B20

I dunno about the bolt pattern on the GSR intake but your gonna have some problems running it if it does bolt up.As far as i know you can only use the LS or an aftermarket intake on the B20

thanks fot the help bro,,reps for you........

oh i seee....so why wont the b20 intake work? is it juss clearance issues? and would any bseries vtec head bolt on the b20 block?

yea a b16a head will bolt right up, and yes the hood wont clear with the stock crv intake

Back