how would u boost my motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX2NR18

what would be the best highway turbo for this, or to trap over 100 in the 1/4. Stock rods, stock block (a6) and z6 head, with a6 headgasket for lower compression, what would be my best setup? im kinda new to this turbo stuff

Originally posted by radnulb@May 12 2004, 11:11 AM
goals goals goals.

What do you want to achieve?

In otherwords what kind of horsepower #'s do you want to obtain?
What kind of 1/4 mile times are you hoping to reach?
You want a trap speed of 100mph or more?

street car, either 13's or trap at 100, stock d16a6 /z6 motor, rebuilt on all new stuff boosting about 8lbs max, just something to give me a lil more power. And about 180hp or so, maybe 190

don't expect 100mph traps on 8psi. realism please.
How much does your car weigh? Maybe I'm off base with that comment.

I'm not doubting that he can run 100mph trap speeds on a stock block.
I'm doubting that he can run 100mph trap speeds on 8psi on a boosted 1.6L D series with anything smaller than a T3/04e if not a Holset/GT series. I wouldn't want to put that big of a turbo on a mini-me because I don't like waiting for boost. I had 7psi of boost in less than a second doing 4th gear pulls on the highway with the T3 on my LS, and I really liked that. Lag sucks. No way around that. For a pure track car, throw a big ass turbo on it and 100mph traps with 8psi is doable. I wouldn't do that because of the drivability penalty involved.

again, this is an OPINION. I'm willing to be criticized.

well my buddy rick , he had a 90 civic hatchback std , swapped in a d16a6/z6 head, then ran a 14b turbo and boosted it at 8lbs, on slicks he ran a 13.5 @ 104.4 thats what im goin for

Back