hows this for an LS all motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

techy

hows this sound for a bottom end all motor set up:

b18b block sleeved to 86mm
LS or B20 crank and rods
high compression pistons (b16?)
ARP bolts

Im looking for something to give me noticeably better bottom end, but I would like to have a decently high whp rating. how does the crower 62403 cams on a port and polished rebuilt LS head sound?

Also it is my daily so I would need it to run on preferably 91 octane.
Maybe do some other mods and break 230whp?

Thanks guys,
you really are the most knowledgeable people Ive ever encountered.

You can't use B16 pistons in a bore that's not 81mm. You'll have to run custom pistons at 86mm.

230whp won't be doable on pump gas without VTEC all motor on a B block.

403 cams are very nice, but you can go even bigger if you want and still be streetable. Very potent non-VTEC B engines have been built around the Crower cams.

also, you cant use a b20 crank and rods in an LS block....thats what, 5mm out of the block?

anyway. You can probably top out at around 160 on a stock bore b18b.

86mm bore (+5mm) with some higher compression pistons, a ported head, and some MEAN cams (when i say mean, think 405s and losing your normal idle, and daily drivability), you could probably see close to 220 (im guessing on this number so dont hold me to it).

Its possible to get that working, but its gonna take a lot of tuning, time, and money.

Last edited:
k, stand corrected....i didnt wiki before posting that. I just remember that dart sold b20 block that was a 226mm and the b18 block being 221mm (deck height).

Back