How's your morning going?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So your dad always buys the warranty but will only pass it on if the customer buys the up charge?

You didn't know this. Your brother did. Sounds like a shitty situation and quasi-unethical.

I don't think he always buys them, but I could be wrong. This is the first I've heard of this one. He might buy them on certain occasions when he knows a customer is in a 'high risk' area for lightning storms. We'd had a lot of problems with that customer as far as lines going bad, shorting, etc.

What I did know is that the manufacturer has a limited 1 year warranty on all systems, it's up to the customer to purchase the 5 year if they want it. Usually it's under 100 dollars. I don't know when he started doing it, and I'm not sure I like it. But as a small business, you have to do what you can right?

Last edited:
Gotcha. That makes more sense.

maybe you should sit them down and work this out. and if you cant, maybe you could get paid more to work somewhere else?

the issue with the shapeups is the learning curve. like most "exercise" you aren't supposed to go all out at first. i'm only wearing them a short while of the day right now and gradually building up to the full day. i can certainly tell you they are great to walk around in and they are comfy as fuck to just wear. i could understand folks getting strain if they are worn for too long at first. its a build up. at my office there are a dozen or so folks wearing them. some do complain of strain, but then again they wear them all day at first then never wear them again. those that have had them for awhile worked up to doing so.

Last edited:
It won't change anything. I've already told my brother to stop with the condescending tones. Such as what he said to me. But I honestly don't think he knows the effect it has when he does it. He doesn't comprehend why I don't want to hang out with them when we're not at the office.

So your dad always buys the warranty but will only pass it on if the customer buys the up charge?

You didn't know this. Your brother did. Sounds like a shitty situation and quasi-unethical.
You're hedging your investment. Nothing wrong with it. Basically they are making the upfront gamble that the customer will need this work in the future(even though they don't want to pay for it). If the customer never calls them, then that would be a lost investment.

When I first read it, I thought maybe you had the same system in your office. You had the warranty and they didn't. When you get the call, you used your warranty for parts, not theirs, then charging them. Seemingly similar situations, but that would actually be not only unethical, but fraud.

As far as workplace hostility, it's like training a puppy. Don't address it after the fact. When he says something, call him out on the spot (as long as no customers are around).

maybe you should sit them down and work this out. and if you cant, maybe you could get paid more to work somewhere else?

the issue with the shapeups is the learning curve. like most "exercise" you aren't supposed to go all out at first. i'm only wearing them a short while of the day right now and gradually building up to the full day. i can certainly tell you they are great to walk around in and they are comfy as fuck to just wear. i could understand folks getting strain if they are worn for too long at first. its a build up. at my office there are a dozen or so folks wearing them. some do complain of strain, but then again they wear them all day at first then never wear them again. those that have had them for awhile worked up to doing so.
Look up barefooting. Same concept, different funny looking shoes (if you chose to buy shoes for a concept called barefooting). But also, if you don't ease into it, you will be sore as hell.

Stuff like that happens all the time, but with even higher items like life insurance. I know a few companies who take them out on their employees at hire. If they die, they get 1,000,000.

You're hedging your investment. Nothing wrong with it. Basically they are making the upfront gamble that the customer will need this work in the future(even though they don't want to pay for it). If the customer never calls them, then that would be a lost investment.

When I first read it, I thought maybe you had the same system in your office. You had the warranty and they didn't. When you get the call, you used your warranty for parts, not theirs, then charging them. Seemingly similar situations, but that would actually be not only unethical, but fraud.

As far as workplace hostility, it's like training a puppy. Don't address it after the fact. When he says something, call him out on the spot (as long as no customers are around).

We actually have a slightly bigger system of the same brand in the office, but what was broken in the customers' isn't interchangable into ours anyway.

Stuff like that happens all the time, but with even higher items like life insurance. I know a few companies who take them out on their employees at hire. If they die, they get 1,000,000.
Key Person Insurance. Most of the time they will also pay for a policy that will go to the employees beneficiaries too.

my morning > your morning.

that is all

Last edited:
Morning sex?? I'm out the door for work before anyone else is awake. Otherwise we wake up to one of the kids waking up first. FML... lol

Morning sex?? I'm out the door for work before anyone else is awake. Otherwise we wake up to one of the kids waking up first. FML... lol

Im with b16... Not to mention that my loving wife is a total crabass in the morning... And any attempt at trying anything sex-wise ends up in a what the fuck is wrong with you look...lol

Back