1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP of my built B16A

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by xips(86CRXSI), Dec 23, 2006.

1. xips(86CRXSI)

xips(86CRXSI) New Member

Portland, OR
    Ok so I just got a sweet deal on a built B16A w/lsd trans in a wracked 90 ef hb, the guy I bought the car from said that the block was sleeved, it has eagle rods, ctr pistons, and gsr cams, there may be more done but that's all I was told. based on this info I used the B-Series Compression Calculator v.85 BETA and found the cr to be like 12.1. The car also came with a almost complete 100hp shot zex nos system, I need the wet nozzle. So my question's are, can anyone tell me what kind of hp that engine should be producing? how much hp can a sleeved b16a block handle? how much nos can a sleeved b16a handle? what is the cost of a rebuild on a sleeved block? how long will this motor last running 100 hp shot of nos? what is the highest Effective Comp Ratio you can boost a b16a to? Is this engine set up like a stroker motor?( b16a/b has the lowest stroke crank 77.40 mm, PCT (JDM B16B) is the biggest piston for a non after market group) Can I boost this motor at all and have good, reliable, super charged, every day driver?
Draft saved Draft deleted