Hrmm Can't Decide....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow... I was telling my supervisor today about something along those lines... He was talking shit saying it would take too long to teach me to do a certain job function, and I was like yo, you know everthing huh? well, how do you know it would take too long if it hasn't physically taken place yet?

He's a real son of a bitch. He said one day that he would quit his job cuz of people being a pain in the ass. lol That day I 'what iffed' him the whole day. haha

He really thinks he's big shit cuz he's the supervisor, but fuck that. He's no smarter than a chunk of steel.

I like how you didn't have anything to say about the hypothetical seizure situation.

Seizures are caused by demons. Obviously I would burn the person having the seizure since they are a witch.

i don't understand why anyone would want to join the military today either.

I mean, i give props to those who do... but, there's a 99% chance you're going to get sent to the suck and get shot at.

you can't pay me enough to get shot at.

Ahh that's just propaganda... there's plenty of jobs that won't put you out there... but hell I'm crazy enough to volunteer for those so... my family better be happy that I'm taking their views into consideration

EVERYONE, 100% i know who was/is enlisted has at least done 1 tour in iraq or afghanstan. some have done 2, a lot of done 3.

Maybe they're the ones who didn't score well enough on the ASVAB to get a decent non-combat oriented job. Me, I scored high enough to qualify for any job I feel like choosing. WOOT!

your missing the greater picture here... once you sign up, you don't get to chose a damn thing. they PUT you where they NEED you. And right now, the suck is what needs.

Maybe they're the ones who didn't score well enough on the ASVAB to get a decent non-combat oriented job. Me, I scored high enough to qualify for any job I feel like choosing. WOOT!
i can't think of a single job that is non combat oriented. it's the point of the military.

What fuckin branch di you serve in any ways? and I meant like I wouldn't be in direct fire btw... im gonna try for intel or computer stuff

i was in the air force.

intel=going overseas. do you know what intel does? there are about 50 jobs labeled "intel"

computers=going overseas. you don't think they need computers at war.

i think the only job that doesn't go overseas, is MAYBE finance. everything else it game. but like B said, they are going to put you where they want you. especially the army and marines.

your recruiter got you hook line and sinker
ask some people in the military how picking their job worked out for them

yeah, ask me how picking mine went.

i was told i could pick my job when i got to basic training. got there, got a list of 9 jobs available. put them in order from 1-5 on which i wanted most.

ended up with a job not even on the list. i still have the list, nearly 10 years later.

I did the same, however the recruiter was trying to push me into geophysics, saying they have been looking for someone to fill the field. It gives the illusion of choice, but at least they were "honest" about it.

recruiters are given a list of jobs to fill...plain and simple.

they get rewarded for filling specific jobs. they will bend you over a barrell with a sandpaper condom if it meets their quota. if you honestly think they give a shit about what is in the enlistee's best interests, you are going to get shafted like so many others.

Yeah well that's what I have my dad for. FYI he's retired Navy, so I got that going for me. Plus he's got friends that are still in that are recruiters. The problem I face right now though is that I haven't talked to those guys yet. Only the locals, which are pissing me off... So, needless to say, I won't be contacting those fucks any more for info. "I'll call my dad, thanks." Is pretty much what I've told 'em. lol

Back